Women, Worship and Work Reads the Word FAQs
Got questions? We’ve got answers! (Well, to these questions at least)
How long will The Bible Recap (Bible reading plan) take out of my day?
Stefani has actually been timing the amount of time she spends doing her The Bible Recap reading in anticipation of this question!
Actual Bible reading (or listening!): 13 minutes per day (on average)
The Bible Recap Podcast: Anywhere from 5-10 minutes per day (and optional, but helpful!)
How will I know what to read on what days?
There are multiple ways you can split the Bible up to read it in the course of one year. We’ll be using The Bible Recap. There are a handful of ways you can view the reading plan. We recommend choosing one of these:
- Download the free Bible App from YouVersion. Stefani and Jennifer will send out a link to join our The Bible Recap reading plan on the app on January 1, 2023.
- Buy The Bible Recap book and use that to follow along: https://a.co/d/3z9heyn
- Print off this (free!) reading plan from The Bible Recap: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GhNKG1nMy1WiqWV94FOnJxUuyIxEuaQB/view
We also recommend visiting this page to learn more about The Bible Recap: https://www.thebiblerecap.com/start
What is the commitment to be in Women, Worship, and Work Reads the Word?
Nothing is “required,” and we will be using several resources as we all journey down this road to read the Bible together:
- The Bible Recap – This is the Bible reading plan we will be using. We recommend checking out this page to learn more: https://www.thebiblerecap.com/start
- Slack – Participation is optional, and we’ll use Slack to share encouragement and reminders during our journey together! After you sign up, we’ll send you a link to join.
- Monthly Zoom Calls – Let’s talk! Stefani and I are compiling notes of inspiration, sermons or podcasts we’re listening to, and commentary we are reading to bring you some insights to start this call, then we’ll chat about what we’re reading and any struggles we are having (we have them, too!). Our first call will be January 6, 2022.
We’ll be using both Slack and email to communicate, so you can expect to hear from us occasionally in these places!
What if I fall behind? Do I have to make up every day?
First, IT’S OKAY. As Tara-Leigh Cobble, the host of The Bible Recap, says, no matter what day in the plan you’re on (even if it’s “behind”), you’re right on time – God’s time!
We have BOTH been there and still get there sometimes! When we fall behind, we both have chosen to catch up because we had a goal of reading the entire Bible in one year, but you don’t have to! If you’d prefer to skip to the “current” day, you can.